Certificate Program in e-Bus System Planning & Optimization
The EV industry can not only benefit your career but also help you create a better future for the environment.
With the great demand for transitioning from internal combustion engines (ICE) to electric vehicles (EV), there is an exponential growth in the global e-mobility industry, offering numerous urban planning jobs in electric bus system planning and optimization.
1. e-Bus elements and specifications and system performance parameters
2. Challenges faced by e-Bus operators
3. Steps for conducting technical Feasibility & Planning for e-Bus fleet
4. Essentials of e-Bus System Modeling (inputs and outputs)
5. Introduction and setup of Modeling Tool
6. Energy modeling for e-Bus
7. e-Bus Routes selection (route characteristics)
8. Depot and Terminal selection
9. Interrelations with Battery and Charging systems
10. Setting-up system model and simulate base case study
11. Case study: e-Bus energy modeling
12. Selection of charging locations, charger types, and time of charge
13. Electricity Tariff and time-of-use impact on energy cost
14. Charging strategies, evaluation and applications
15. Simulating and analyzing various real life scenarios affecting fleet performance
16. Battery aging, local traffic, weather,SLA variations and others
16. Case study: e-Bus route simulation using Excel
17. Case study: e-Bus charging scheduling using Excel
18. Capex elements
19. Opex elements
20. Life cycle costs and KPIs
21. Battery life and impact on e-Bus operational SLAs
22. Life cycle cost optimization
23. Case study: Review of e-Bus real life scenarios using fleet planning tool
38. Charging power, energy, grid liability & mix Live online interactive session with the Gurus + (Capstone Project part - 7)
39. Charging protocols and telematics
40. High voltage safety Live online interactive session with the Gurus + (Capstone Project part - 8)
My experience was excellent and will surely assist me greatly as I try to contribute towards electrifying Fiji's public transport. The trainers & course content was great. The presentation of theory & real life practical scenarios were taught well.
It provided an enhancement in my overall knowledge for electric buses & operations. Course is well-structured focusing on theoretical as well as real ground practical. The knowledge can be further utilized for electric bus adoption and operations.
I greatly realized my ambition of becoming an expert in e-bus modeling. I have gained experience in data collection, modeling & calculating the TCO. With this knowledge I can now attain sustainable transport for Kenya as its government priority.
I've gained a lot of knowledge in e-Bus Systems and planning. At first it was difficult for me as l had no prior knowledge of the basic concepts and fundamentals. But the course helped me to understand the feasibility study on e-Buses in Zimbabwe.
The training program was well structured with a mix of theory and modeling sessions. It gave valuable insights of electric bus planning & scheduling. I enjoyed the team project as it involved working with actual duty cycles and passenger loading.
I had an exciting learning experience including practical case studies from running e-bus projects. As students, we were given time to participate & ask questions for clarity. The overall delivery by the training facilitators was good.
Automatic Mechanical Engineering
Aliqua id fugiat nostrud irure ex duis ea quis id quis ad et. Sunt qui esse pariatur duis deserunt mollit dolore cillum minim tempor enim. Elit aute irure tempor cupidatat incididunt sint deserunt ut voluptate aute id deserunt nisi.Aliqua id fugiat nostrud irure ex duis ea quis id quis ad et. Sunt qui esse pariatur duis deserunt mollit dolore cillum minim tempor enim. Elit aute irure tempor cupidatat incididunt sint deserunt ut voluptate aute id deserunt nisi.